I found a bug in Leopard that kind of stinks. Not a huge problem, but it confused me at first. While it isn’t deadly it could mean lost files for people (it almost meant that for me). I reported it to Apple, see my report below. This bug was first found in Leopard 10.5.1 (9B18)
1) grab file
2) open a folder by hovering the file over a folder in the “places” sidebar
3) open a sub-folder of the first folder by hover again
4) drop file into folder
5) click the back arrow to return to the original folder
1) The moved file will appear to still be in the original folder, as well as the new location.
2) Deleting the file from the original folder will delete the file from new location
3) closing the window and opening a new finder window for the original folder shows the file is no longer in the folder.
It appears that finder does not refresh its file list giving the user an inaccurate listing that could result in accidental deletion of data.